COVID-19 OFFICE PROCEDURES
We thank you in advance for helping us implement our new protocol to stay healthy and safe!
- For everyone’s safety we will be limiting entrance to patients with appointments and our doors will remain locked throughout the day.
All patients will need to have an appointment prior to visiting our office, whether it is for an eye exam, eyeglasses repair, or eyewear pick-up.
- Initial appointment requests are to be made by phone 954-753-0137 or online through our website.
- We will be contacting and screening patients prior to their visits and advising potentially affected patients to reschedule their eye appointment and coordinate care with their primary care physicians for COVID19 testing.
- Patient forms found on our website will need to be completed and emailed to email@example.com prior to your exam.
- Patients should call us when they arrive for their appointment and remain in their car for telephone check-in and collection of exam copayments.
- Entry to the office will be limited to the patient only.
- If the patient is a minor or requires assistance, a legal guardian or a caregiver will also be allowed to enter with the patient.
- Everyone entering the office is required to wear a mask at all times.
- We will be taking temperatures of all patients prior to entering the office.
- Upon entering the office you will be required to either use the hand sanitizer available or wash your hands with soap and water in the restroom.
- Breath shields and sneeze guards have been installed on medical equipment for further protection.
- Please refrain from talking during the slit-lamp and dilation examination when the Doctor will be in very close proximity.
- Patients will maintain social distancing while in the optical. All frames tried on will go in a tray to be disinfected, please do not put them back on the frame board.
- If you are not selecting eyewear, we will ask that you please wait in your car during pupil dilation to allow the next patient on the schedule to enter the office until you are ready to be seen again.
- Any transactions or future appointments will be made at the dispensing table.
- For patients picking up glasses, we will be doing curb-side dispensing. Please call us when you arrive and stay in your car.
- For repairs please call us when you arrive and we will let you in when we are ready for you.
- We will be disinfecting all rooms, exam equipment, frames, doorknobs, sneeze guards, keyboards, armrests, and all common surfaces between each patient scheduled.
- As your eye care provider, we are committed to staying healthy to be able to serve you. We will be screening ourselves for fevers on a daily basis, washing our hands between patients, wearing surgical masks, protective eyewear and changing gloves between patients. We will stay home if we get sick and only ask you to do the same for us.
We hope to see you soon for your eye care needs.